HME Mobility & Accessibility (www.hmebc.com
) is a leading industry supplier of institutional and home care medical equipment alongside assistive devices such as wheelchairs, power chairs, and other mobility aids. We are currently seeking a Shipper/Receiver to join our growing team at our Victoria location. HME Mobility & Accessibility is a fast-growing company, with over 100 full-time staff in offices located in Richmond, South Surrey, Victoria, and a new facility located in Nanaimo opening in the fall of 2021.
The primary responsibilities of the role are concentrated internally (in and around our warehouse) however there will be instances where responsibilities at a client’s house, care facility, or hospital will be applicable to this position.
Hours for this role are full-time Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. HME offers a competitive wage along with a full benefits package inclusive of extended medical benefits.
In this junior role, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting in general warehouse duties such as organizing, cleaning (including parking lot in the back), stacking inventory, moving equipment, general stockpiling, basic set-up.
- Shipping and receiving duties.
- Ensuring products arrive in a timely fashion.
- Labeling parts/equipment using the HME process.
- Communicating to staff if items are not available or back-ordered.
- Setting up and inspecting equipment in a manner that ensures the overall cleanliness, safety, and quality of the equipment we are providing.
- Cleaning and assisting with the quality control of medical equipment.
- Working with other technicians to repaid simple medical equipment issues.
- Lifting weight of up to 50lb is required in some cases.
- Operating and one of HME’s service fleet vehicles in a safe and courteous manner.
- Adhering to HME’s safety procedures to ensure a safe work environment.
- Strong communication skills in fluent English (both verbal and written).
- Ability to learn and work independently as well as within a team.
- Computer skills – Must be comfortable with MC Office Suite.
- Must have a friendly, positive attitude and possess the ability to have fun while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Moderate lifting capabilities.
- Valid and clean BC driver’s license.
What can you expect from us?
At HME you can expect to become part of a growing team of collaborative, progressive, and friendly individuals. We believe that our greatest assets are our employees.
- Competitive salary: we know how important it is for you to feel valued and paid well as a result. HME offers competitive wages and bonuses for applicable positions.
- Employer-paid dental and extended medical benefits as well as a company profit-sharing plan.
- Employer matching RRSP plan: we know how important your future is, we are here to contribute and help.
- Vacation: HME offers two weeks of paid vacation and paid statutory holidays including Boxing Day.
- Training and development: we want to help you achieve your career goals. HME offers on-the-job training, online seminars, coaching, and opportunities for advancement.
- Team Events: We celebrate our team by going out for fun events! Events like golfing, boat cruises, ATV tours, and team dinners.
HME is an equal opportunity employer. This position is a rewarding career with an opportunity for advancement within our growing company. Please forward your resume and cover letter to the email address above if you feel you possess the required skills and attributes.
Please note only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.