HME Mobility & Accessibility (www.hmebc.com and www.hmestairlifts.com) is a leading industry supplier of home & institutional care medical equipment and assistive devices such as Wheelchairs and other Mobility Aids. We are currently seeking a talented individual to join the team at our Victoria location as a Medical Equipment Cleaner.
The Cleaner supports HME's sales and services through the timely cleaning and quality control of all HME and client-owned equipment. We are looking for a motivated, task-oriented individual who can work independently with minimal supervision. This role will also require the organizing, stacking, and maintenance of our warehouse. Compensation includes a competitive salary and we provide a friendly team-orientated environment. No experience is necessary, we can train.
Hours for this role are full-time Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm. HME offers a competitive wage along with a full benefits package inclusive of extended medical benefits.
Reporting to the Rehab Manager, this role will be responsible for:
- Cleaning and maintaining medical equipment such as wheelchairs, power wheelchairs, bathroom safety, beds, cushions, and mattresses, etc.
- Cleaning of the warehouse and offices.
- Lifting weight of up to 60lb required in some cases.
- Inspecting equipment coming into the facility.
- Setting up and inspecting equipment in a manner that ensures the overall cleanliness, safety, and quality of the equipment we are providing.
- Restocking clean equipment to the inventory in the warehouse.
- Adhering to HME's Safety procedures to ensure a safe work environment for all.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and systems-oriented.
- Some medical knowledge is an asset.
- Cleaning experience is preferred but not required.
- Moderate lifting capabilities.
What can you expect from us:
At HME you can expect to become part of a growing team of collaborative, progressive, and friendly individuals. We believe that our greatest assets are our employees. We provide:
- Competitive salary: we know how important it is for you to feel valued and paid well as a result. HME offers competitive wages and bonuses for applicable positions.
- Training and development: we want to help you achieve your career goals. HME offers on-the-job training, online seminars, coaching, and opportunities for advancement.
- Employer-paid dental and extended medical benefits as well as a company profit-sharing plan.
- Employer matching RRSP plan: we know how important your future is, we are here to contribute and help.
- Vacation: HME offers two weeks of paid vacation and paid statutory holidays including Boxing Day.
- Team Events: We celebrate our team by going out for fun events! Events like golfing, boat cruises, ATV tours, and team dinners.