HME Mobility & Accessibility (www.hmebc.com
) is a leading industry supplier of institutional and home care medical equipment alongside assistive devices such as wheelchairs, power chairs, and other mobility aids. We are currently seeking an Install Team Member to join our growing team at our Surrey location. HME Mobility & Accessibility is a fast-growing company, with over 100 full-time staff in offices located in Richmond, South Surrey, Victoria, and a new facility located in Nanaimo opening in the fall of 2021.
This position supports HME’s sales and services through the installation and servicing of stairlifts, ceiling lifts, VPLs, ramps, and other accessibility equipment. The team member will spend the majority of their time working in client’s homes installing and repairing many of the mentioned accessibility products. No experience is required however we are seeking candidates who are comfortable with tools. HME will train the right candidate.Schedule:
- Hours for this role are full-time Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
- HME offers a competitive wage along with a full benefits package inclusive of extended medical benefits.
- Delivering, setting up, and installing HME stairlifts, ceiling lifts, VPLs, ramps, and other accessibility products in client homes and/or facilities.
- Lifting weight of up to 100lb is required in some cases.
- Operating any one of HME’s service fleet vehicles in a safe and courteous manner throughout the GVRD.
- Assisting in general warehouse duties such as organizing, stacking inventory, moving equipment, general stock picking as needed.
- Setting up and inspecting equipment in a manner that ensures the overall cleanliness, safety, and quality of the equipment we are providing.
- Communicating with clients and their families by phone when required to assist in troubleshooting equipment.
- Adhering to HME’s Safety procedures to ensure a safe work environment.
- Constantly working to improve product and technical knowledge and continuously developing troubleshooting and repair skills.
- Strong communication skills in fluent English (both verbal and written).
- Computer skills - must be comfortable with MS Office Suite.
- Moderate lifting capabilities.
- Valid BC driver’s license.
What can you expect from us?
At HME you can expect to become part of a growing team of collaborative, progressive, and friendly individuals. We believe that our greatest assets are our employees. We provide:
- Competitive salary: we know how important it is for you to feel valued and paid well as a result. HME offers competitive wages and bonuses for applicable positions.
- Employer-paid dental and extended medical benefits as well as a company profit-sharing plan.
- Employer matching RRSP plan: we know how important your future is, we are here to contribute and help.
- Vacation: HME offers two weeks of paid vacation and paid statutory holidays including Boxing Day.
- Training and development: we want to help you achieve your career goals. HME offers on the job training, online seminars, coaching, and opportunities for advancement
- Team Events: We celebrate our team by going out for fun events! Events like golfing, boat cruises, ATV tours, and team dinners.
HME is an equal opportunity employer. This position is a rewarding career with an opportunity for advancement within our growing company. Please forward your resume and cover letter to the email address above if you feel you possess the required skills and attributes.
Please note only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.